Requirements for Internship:
- Student has collected at least 100 credits (final mark are issued and the total credits with final mark D is less than or equal to 25%).
- GPA is at least 2.50.
- Implementation Time: during semester VI/VII/VIII or semester break.
- Place : students are supposed to decide.
- Internship should be included on Study Card of corresponding semester (VI/VII/VIII), done after the place for internship is definite. For internship taken during semester break, students should follow these rules:
- If internship is taken during semester break between Semester V and Semester VI, internship should be included in Study Card of Semester VI.
- If internship is taken during semester break between Semester VI and Semester VII, internship should be included in Study Card of Semester VII.
- If internship is taken during semester break between Semester VII and Semester VIII, internship should be included in Study Card of Semester VIII.
Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) and Completeness of Intership:
- Students contact the destination company for internship.
- After students get company’s agreement, The UP Math will assign a supervisor(s).
- Students take and do filling form provided at The UP-Math Secretariat.
- Students bring the filled form to the Secretariat of The Up-Math and then to The Department Secretariat to be signed.
- The signed form is submitted to the Faculty (Second Floor of Faculty Building).
- Student wait for the permit letter issued (typically in few days).
- Student bring the permit letter to the destination company.
- Student do internship and prepare a report under supervision of the supervisor.
- Student asks for assessment from the supervision and the company.
- Student submit the report to the UP-Math Secretariat (hardcopy and softcopy in CD, and acknowledgement page as well), to the Faculty Library (hardcopy and softcopy in CD), and to the company.
List of Destination Companies for Internship
- PT. Packet System Indonesia
- PT. AIA Jasindo
- DAN (Densu AEGIS Network)
- PT. Batubara
- NGO (Non-Governmental Organization)
- PT. Bukit Asam
- PT. Mega Indonesia
- PT. Maipark
- The Djakarta Post
Some companies give a monthly allowance.