TARGETS AND STRATEGIES
The following are the objectives and strategies of the Bc Math Study Program which is part of the 2021 Curriculum document (https://s1math.fmipa.ugm.ac.id/id/list-of-courses/) and was prepared based on the targets of departments, faculties, and universities and is referred to for the development processes of the study program.
The objectives of the Bc Math Study Program are formulated as follows:
- Increasing the relevance of the field of science, the competence of graduates, and the efficiency of the management of Bc Math Study Program.
- Increasing the number of publications both at national and international levels, both from lecturers and students.
- Increasing the community service activities involving students and those providing publication outputs and improving learning and research activities.
- Increasing the level of mobilization for lecturers and students.
- Forming nationally and internationally accredited study program management system.
The strategies to achieve the goals are as follows:
1. Increasing the relevance, competence, and efficiency of the Bc Math Study Program. Continuously make improvements and adjustments to the relevance, competence, and efficiency of mathematics. This is done by:
- Efforts to increase the GPA of graduates, increase the percentage of graduation on time, increase the percentage of the number of graduates with a GPA of ≥ 3.00, and decrease the average length of study through:
- The improvement in teaching and learning methods and academic / final project supervision
- The improvement of learning facilities.
- Standardized assessments.
- The increasing role of tutorials through the Metric Program (Ruang Metric) for important courses and providing graders for all generic courses of the Bc Math Study Program.
- Extracting lecturer-student feedback.
- The increasing intensity of supervision.
- The increasing role and stronger partnership with the Bc Math Alumni Group (GALATIKA).
- Discussions with the External Advisory Board consisting of users and alumni to provide input and evaluation of the curriculum and competencies of graduates of the Bc Math Study Program.
- Encouraging lecturers to register as members of mathematics organizations according to the field of research (KPA, Kamindo, etc.), IndoMS national professional organizations, as well as international organizations.
- Encouraging lecturers and students to take part in seminars, workshops, and conferences, both at national and international levels.
- Through the Department of Mathematics, provide financial assistance to participate in scientific forums for lecturers and students.
- Increase opportunities for students to participate in Merdeka Belajar – Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) activities, namely student exchanges, internship, and Assisting Teachers in Implementing IT for Teaching and Learning Processes
Increasing national and international publications, both from lecturers and students.
- Encouraging lecturers and students to publish their research results in Mathematics Journals, both on national and international levels.
- Encouraging students to participate in internship Type C or D which output is in the form of publications.
- Encouraging lecturers and students to take part in seminars both at national and international levels by providing incentives.
- Through the Department of Mathematics, provides incentives for scientific publications.
Increasing community service activities which involve students and result in publication and increasing learning and research activities. Improving services to the community in the fields of research, training, consulting, services etc.
- Increasing partnership with external institutions.
- Improving services to the community of mathematics users.
Increasing the mobilization of lecturers and students.
- Implementing MBKM (Merdeka Belajar-Kampus Merdeka), especially student exchanges.
- Increasing the partnership with universities and industry.
Establishing a study program management system that is nationally and internationally accredited
- Preparing facilities and infrastructure to support learning in English
- International re-accreditation (ASIIN).
- Reapply for national accreditation through BAN PT or LAM.
- Implementing a culture of quality through the Internal Quality Audit (AMI) of KJM UGM.
- Collaborating with domestic and overseas universities to improve the quality of study programs.